A FEW WORDS FROM THE DEPUTY EDITOR

Good living – the discussion topic of Opinionated Monthly’s June 2010 issue. Let’s begin by definition. The word ‘good’ is quite vague – it is a constant verbal dispute of what constitutes as good. ‘Living’ is easier – it basically means how you run your life, or let your life run. So, together this phrase means how well you live your life. It’s basically up to the individual, but my advice is just go ahead and live your life the way you like it – whether you want to stay healthy for a longer lifespan, live a crazy life, or just plainly an ordinary life.

To cut it short, steer your own ship, and be mindful of the condition of your vessel, the winds, the weather and the seas. No point in living a life always trying to change things you cannot change.
Right now the ships have just docked for a short respite after a storm for IB June ’09, having just finished their exams and preparing for the second year. New students will not be coming for another month (pardon my mistake in the previous issue), so the soon-to-be seniors will have time to tidy their affairs and prepare to welcome the freshmen.
For IB5, the respite is longer and very welcome after a month-long typhoon that is the final exams. But that also means a final farewell is in order for the best bunch of seniors I have ever seen (and that’s saying something, since had my share of generations of seniors). A tearful goodbye I bid to them, and heartfelt gratitude to Yati for staying on the OM staff even in the face of her last, hectic five months in the IB.
Another adieu goes to Mr Edward Ong, who will be leaving the IB family to venture on another, better-yielding ocean. I wish to seize this chance to hurl my own great thanks to this teacher, mentor and friend for accepting my offer to join the OM team and letting me stay on to finish my term of office even after I left after April (yes, for the less observant I have been serving as his deputy in physical absence), as well as for giving me more space for my comments this month!
On a final note, a great many thanks go to the contributors to this month’s issue. Cassandra’s story continues here, Ms Catalina gives Azlan an exclusive interview, and we have yet another photo album, so just kick back and enjoy OM June!
FIAT JUSTITIA ET PEREAT MUNDUS


Chin Keat Meng
Deputy Editor

0 comments:

 

The Opinionated Ones Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template