Flashback!



Flashback!

Edward Ong


Predator (1987)

On a listless Sunday some weeks ago I picked up this old SF movie starring the one and only Schwarzenegger to indulge in some nostalgia. Having heard that Hollywood has attempted a remake (why oh why?), I thought it’s about time to refresh my memory. When I first saw the movie back in 87, I was impressed by how the director managed to hook the audience with so simple a plot: a group of commandos being hunted by a nasty extra-terrestrial warrior. Rewatching it has convinced me certain things never grow out of style. What was then an explosive anabolic experience can still very much deliver the same thrills. Which brings me to one of the BIG QUESTIONS OF EXISTENCE: hy does Hollywood insist on remaking what is already perfect and turning it into celluloid waste? 

0 comments:

 

The Opinionated Ones Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template